[asterisk-users] MWI from Octel to Asterisk

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Fri Jul 28 03:50:09 MST 2006

When we were first looking at Asterisk, I explored some options of
integrating our existing Octel voicemail systems with it.  The only
possible way I could come up with (understanding that I am by no means
an Octel expert) was DTMF inband integration.  The most difficult part
seemed to be fabricating the SIP messages for MWI, but that can be done
with sipsak without too much pain.

In the end we didn't do that and just used Asterisk's voicemail, so I
don't have any working configs for you.  But it seemed quite plausible
at the time with a bit of effort.

Regards,
- Brad