[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.10 - Continually Restarting Logger

Kenny Millington kenny at 3ait.co.uk
Fri Jul 28 03:21:12 MST 2006

Filip Drągowski wrote:
> on one cosnole a do asterisk -r
> on other i do asterisk -rx "logger rotate"
> and the result is
>     -- Remote UNIX connection
> Asterisk Event Logger restarted
> Asterisk Queue Logger restarted
>     -- Remote UNIX connection disconnected
> how often new log files are created ? = how many log files are created
> in 1 second  ?

Very often, it slows down as the number of log files in the
/var/log/asterisk directory increases.

> there is some kind of regularity or it is done randomly (10logs/1s and
> another time 20logs/1s) ?

Seems to happen more often than not (the past three days) overnight.
We're assuming that it starts when asterisk does it's daily log rotate
itself and then gets itself into a spin...

--
Kenny Millington
Systems Developer

T: 0870 881 5097