[asterisk-users] Manager interface

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Fri Jul 28 03:00:31 MST 2006

On 27 Jul 2006, at 22:42, Tielin Xu wrote:

> There are many ways to do the screen pop, I'd like to do this way:
> 1. Build the manager interface as an event server, which collect agent
> connet events.
> 2. Build a Java applet with the constant connection to the event
> server, each agent starts the Java applet at first
>    task of each day
> 3. The event server sends the connect info to the computer which the
> agent registed,
> 4. The applet launch (pop up) the web based CRM application on agent
> computer with the caller's information
> 5. Agent terminates the CRM application when the call is termianted.

Sure, that is pretty close to what we do, except that we don't use an
event server. In our case the Java applet is a softphone that speaks
IAX directly to asterisk.

In our dial plan we have rules such that asterisk dials both
the agent's hard phone (If they have one) and their copy of the applet.

If you are interested, I'm sure I could arrange for you to have an
eval copy
of Corraleta (which is what we call the softphone applet).

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com