[asterisk-users] alcatel ip touch 4068 ... sip?

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Thu Jul 27 17:14:53 MST 2006

Cesc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quickie ... is the alcatel ip touch 4068 (or any other in that series)
> sip enabled?

Nope, these babies are UAIP only. You can use a signaling gateway to
bridge to H.323/SIP

> If not, does alcatel have a sip-enabled phone?

Yes, alcatel does have a range of SIP phones for their SIP server. Last
I know, these SIP phones are sold under the Thomson Speedtouch brand
name. See this http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/thomson_st2030.html

Feature-wise the SIP phones don't match their UAIP range.