[asterisk-users] Trunk transferring?

David Freeman sugardave at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 16:26:37 MST 2006

Hello all.

I'm very new to the list and quite new to Asterisk.

I did a little messing around with a prebuilt system (TrixBox) while
investigating phone systems for a business that my partner and I are getting
together.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if it's possible to do this:

A call comes in to a US 800 number that is a SIP or IAX VoIP line, then *
can transfer that incoming call to use another SIP or AIX VoIP line?

I want to offer an 800 number (and pay for the initial time for the call)
but I don't want to pay 800 charges for the duration of the call (we could
be on the phone with someone an hour or longer.)

I've seen references to trunk transferring in some commercial products for
*, but I'm thinking if they have that functionality, I should be able to
build it, too!

Thanks in advance.
Dave