[asterisk-users] adding a voice conversation recording on a existing PBX system

Sam Tam sam at netenable.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 15:21:32 MST 2006

Hello all

I have been recently asked a question that I don't know how to possible
answer correctly.

My friend who is a tech in a small company who has a Panasonic D500 PBX
super hybrid system ( Out of dated) and one day his boss wants him to record
all conversation between the 24 lines inbound and outbound.

First of my thought / idea to him would be to see if the Panasonic system
has any module to add on to allow that function. But I could not find any.

So I thought of adding an asterisk in it. But that would mean nightmare
since I would be needing to do something like this ..

Now at the moment

T1 ---- 24 lines ------ PBX ------- Telephone

Solution

T1-----24 lines ------ PBX ------ 24 bloody x100p or similar in an asterisk
------- Telephone

Even though I don't think it would work since the amount of modification
would be far too much.

Therefore I am now asking for help and idea therefore I could give my friend
a bit of help

Sam