[asterisk-users] Getting no Audio with G729

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jul 27 11:27:45 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Wasif
[mailto:wasif at thecommstore.com]
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:06:39 -0300
Subject: [asterisk-users] Getting no Audio
with G729

> Hello,

Bonjour.

> Recently I purchased g729 codec and installed in Tribox 1.1(upgraded 1.1.1)/
> Asterisk. I have pointed a DID from my carrier via SIP through g729 to
> asterisk. Problem is I am not getting any audio even though I am getting
> DTMF in asterisk. I am trying to run A2billing with asterisks.

Are you behind NAT? what exactly is the callflow like for this? does the call come in and then you dial another phone? are you getting any strange messages on the Asterisk console? We're going to need some more information to track this down. Console output and a sip debug would be good.

> Configuration of carrier is asterisk is:
> [abc]
> allow=g729
> context=c-DID
> dtmfmode=auto
> host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> insecure=very
> sendrpid=yes
> type=friend
> echo=no
>
> Any suggestions ?

One final note, 'echo' is not a valid option.

> Thanks

Joshua Colp
Digium