[asterisk-users] long distance ethernet & Asterisk

Brian Vincent (C) VincentB at coppercolorado.com
Thu Jul 27 14:39:27 MST 2006

Two questions:

1.	We need to run Ethernet out to a really long distance -
20,000ft.  We have the ability to put a powered repeater in at about
12,000'.  We can run it using up to 4 pairs.  Any recommendations on
products that will reach that far?  We're looking for 5 - 10Mbps.
2.	The products we're likely looking at might be something like
g.SHDSL, although I'm fine with a completely proprietary solution.  Any
idea if it would add too much latency to run a SIP phone?

TIA

Brian Vincent
Copper Mountain Telecom
vincentb at coppercolorado.com

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s),
are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.