[asterisk-users] Manager interface

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Thu Jul 27 14:16:31 MST 2006

On 27 Jul 2006, at 11:47, Lee Archer wrote:

> This has probably been discussed before but I need to do a screen
> pop and I'm looking for ways to do it.  I am assuming I need to use
> the manager interface, which is ok cos I'm using that for calling
> out but I'm not quite what to pick up on.
There a number of ways to do this:
	1) run an application on each workstation which speaks the manager
protocol and
pops a screen as needed. This doesn't scale easily to large numbers,
you need to
install an application on each workstation and need some sort of
manager proxy
as asterisk does not like many manager connections.
	2) run an IM client on each workstation and have a central server
that talks
the manager protocol to asterisk, sending messages to IM clients when
new
calls come in.
	3) have each user point their webbrowser at a web server which talks
the manager protocol to asterisk  and have the webpage poll the server
(using AJAX)
	4) embed a softphone in your application (or web page) and send
calls to it. Configure the softphone to pop the screen when a call
comes in.

We do 4) . which you chose depends on your needs/skills.

Tim.