[asterisk-users] Detecting voicemail from CO on FXO port and passing to H.323 phone. Possible?

Bob Bosiljevac bob at akn.ca
Thu Jul 27 12:56:06 MST 2006

The subject pretty much describes what I need to do.

Basically, I want to be able to detect that there is voicemail waiting at
the CO on an FXO port and somehow flash the message waiting light on an
H.323 phone (or any other type of phone)

I my case, the CO is actually a legacy POTS based PBX and I've just
plugged the FXS station ports into my FXO ports on asterisk. The PBX is
able to set the MWI lights on my POTS phones so I know it has the
capability to "tickle" the FXO port on my asterisk box. What I don't know
is how to detect that in asterisk and then tell the H.323 phone to flash
its light.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Bob.