[asterisk-users] SIP phone w/ 'modem/data' port?

Dan Elder isbeen at izmedia.com
Thu Jul 27 11:49:37 MST 2006

Hi all, has anyone EVER seen a SIP phone that has a 'data port', like most
business phones do? We use this in our office to connect analog wireless
headsets to the desk phones (plantronics ct12s) and need to continue using
these (as we have a significant amount of $$$ invested in them). I've
already setup FXS ports for phones & can use analog desk phones to
accomplish this, but the Aastra ADSI phones that I've tried all seem to have
some kind of problem w/asterisk or the channel bank (most notably an
inability to display caller id when sent from asterisk via channel bank,
although other analog CID phones CAN display incoming info). Does a sip
phone exist with an analog port to connect a normal phone/modem to? Or does
anyone know of an inexpensive ADSI phone that'll actually work w/asterisk?

Thanks as always.