[asterisk-users] dropping calls in the middle of conversation

whois wes whoiswes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 06:09:13 MST 2006

well, first thing, turn on debug logging in logger.conf (edit the
messages line so that it includes the word debug, the file has
examples to help you).

then, after doing a logger reload, you will be getting quite a bit of
logging...the next time a call drops, note as much about it as you can
(the destination number works great for me) then search
/var/log/asterisk/messages for that number.  look at the information
and see if any of it makes sense.

we are having dropped calls with our telco (SBC) and 99% of them are
on the telco's side, beyond the CO.  all i do now is look for a
"didn't receive frame from Zap/XX" - that tells me that the telco
stopped transmitting, so asterisk hangs up the call.  every one of the
calls that i've had SBC trace has been terminated by the far side...

check out your debug log and post back if you still need assistance.

wes