[asterisk-users] Sip phone settings set when user registers

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 03:33:32 MST 2006

On 7/27/06, Jon Schøpzinsky <jos at detele.dk> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Just use Snom or grandstream phones. They can be provisioned very easily via HTTP.
> You just setup a config URL on the phones, and they get their configurations from there.
> If you want to get more advanced, they can send along their MAC address, and thereby
> enabling you to custom config them directly from a central application, based on the
> phones MAC address.
>
> The snom phones can even be instructed to download a configuration from a URL
>  via DHCP.

This is true, but making a change to the configuration (pushing a
change) based on a user action is much harder, or even impossible.

We have compromised by having the phones configured once at boot, and
having Asterisk change the behaviour "under the hood" when the user
requests it. Not tidy, but the end result works.

Cheers,
Steve