[asterisk-users] Queue announcement issues

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Jul 26 12:28:25 MST 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 8:58 AM, Phil Jordan wrote:

> I tried sending this to asterisk-bsd a couple of days ago
>
> I've been using Asterisk in various versions on FreeBSD for some time
> now, but I've only just got to messing around with ACD.
>
> I find I can't get any in-queue announcements to work, be they either
> periodic or queue position announcements. I've read all of the recent
> posts on this, and the closest thing to my problem I can find is a
> chap on asterisk-users who reported something similar a month ago,
> but worked around it by  not selecting the "r" queue option. That
> doesn't work for me (I wasn't using it anyway) - and I've dropped
> all queue options as a test, still
> to no avail.

That chap is me ;)
I tried this setup on linux, openbsd and osx and everywhere I get the
same result.
Removing the 'r' option from the Queue dialplan fixed the announcements.
I did those tests on the debian packages and the svn 1.2 and trunk.
Right now we are looking into recording the 'ringing sound' as moh
mp3 :(

> Before I get round to posting my configs for critique, is this a
> BSD port issue? I see stuff around on the net re the BSD port, to
> the effect that there are some issues with Asterisk applications
> which are related to timers. What exactly is meant by that please?
> Is that what I'm suffering from here or is it something entirely
> different?
>
> My environment is FreeBSD 5.3.18 (in production use), Asterisk 1.2.9.1
> from Ports, no hardware telephony cards (using a wholesale IAX
> provider). Calls are being routed in via IAX2 and the agents are on
> IAX2 hardphones, not that that latter makes any difference methinks.

again no help, but the issue appears on platforms with sangoma E1
interfaces, junghanns quadbri cards and IAX2 only. ztdummy or not
makes no difference.

> Many thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

If you find a way to get it working with the 'r' option, please share

Michiel