[asterisk-users] Ringing timer

Zenone zenone at telip.com
Wed Jul 26 06:28:39 MST 2006

--------- Message d'origine --------
De: Eric ManxPower Wieling <eric at fnords.org>
Discussion <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Objet: Re: [asterisk-users] Ringing timer
Date: 26/07/06 12:54

> Zenone wrote:
> &gt; But my question was, is it possible to free the channel if it rings
too
> &gt; long?
>
> Yes.  &quot;show application dial&quot; in the Asterisk CLI will show you
where
> the timeout goes on the Dial line.
>
> --
> Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
> Chattanooga, and Montgomery.

Thanks! I already read 'Unless there is a timeout specified, the Dial
application will wait indefinitely until one of the called channels answers,
the user hangs up, or
if all of the called channels are busy or unavailable. Dialplan executing
will
continue if no requested channels can be called, or if the timeout expires.'
But did the channel answer when its status is 'ringing'? I think yes but I'm
maybe wrong. If I'm rigth the timeout option can't help me...What about you?