[asterisk-users] Queue announcement issues

Phil Jordan asterisk at tmcinternet.com
Tue Jul 25 23:58:49 MST 2006

I tried sending this to asterisk-bsd a couple of days ago

I've been using Asterisk in various versions on FreeBSD for some time
now, but I've only just got to messing around with ACD.

I find I can't get any in-queue announcements to work, be they either
periodic or queue position announcements. I've read all of the recent
posts on this, and the closest thing to my problem I can find is a
chap on asterisk-users who reported something similar a month ago, but
worked around it by  not selecting the "r" queue option. That doesn't
work for me (I wasn't using it anyway) - and I've dropped all queue
options as a test, still
to no avail.

Before I get round to posting my configs for critique, is this a BSD
port issue? I see stuff around on the net re the BSD port, to the
effect that there are some issues with Asterisk applications which are
related to timers. What exactly is meant by that please? Is that what
I'm suffering from here or is it something entirely different?

My environment is FreeBSD 5.3.18 (in production use), Asterisk 1.2.9.1
from Ports, no hardware telephony cards (using a wholesale IAX
provider). Calls are being routed in via IAX2 and the agents are on
IAX2 hardphones, not that that latter makes any difference methinks.

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Phil

----- End forwarded message -----