[asterisk-users] Caller ID on Transfers

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 15:06:22 MST 2006

In my experience (although I didn't test this as I type now) using the
Transfer button on the Polycom if you do a blind will show the
original CID, and doing an attended will show the transferees CID.
RDNIS should not come up, but ${BLINDTRANSFER} on a blindtransfer
should. On a non blind transfer the ${CDR(channel)} or
${CDR(dstchannel)} should hold the right channel info. Doing some
logic on the CDR(var) helps to figure out what happened with the call.
If the src/dst don't match the channel/dstchannel, then you know a
xfer occured, also if there are 2 records then you are dealing with an
attd xfer, while a blind xfer will just have one record that the
dst/src and dstchannel/channel don't match.
Hope this help.