[asterisk-users] Voicemail Forwarding

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 13:42:35 MST 2006

Currently I am using this in my dial plan to forward calls to
voicemail when the phone isn't picked up.

exten => 2503,1,Dial(SIP/2503,20)
exten => 2503,2,Voicemail(u2503 at upperschool)

Some users prefer that just there name gets read at the prompt instead
of the unavailable message.

So my issue is.  The user creates a unavail message and decides they
want to use there name instead.  The only way I can find to switch it
back to name is to delete unavail.gsm from their voicemail box.

There should be a prompt in the voicemail admin that allows the user
to select what message they want to use (or just a name), and be able
to switch back and forth.

Am I missing something or is there no way to do this?

Thanks.