[asterisk-users] Caller ID on Transfers

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Jul 25 13:02:15 MST 2006

Hi Doug. Your doing your transfers with the transfer keys on the Polycom, right? So am I. I think a distinction needs to be made here. I get the impression that most people, and certainly the others are using #1 and #2 to do Asterisk assisted transfers.

When we initiated transfers with #1, the caller id of the original caller is sent to the destination, and when we do #2, the caller id of the transferring party is sent to the destination. However, when using the transfer key on the polycom phone, and doing both attended and unattended transfers, the caller id of the original party is sent to the destination.

We want to use our transfer buttons on the phones!

It appears that asterisk is treating the sequence of SIP messages from polycom phones, such that it thinks all transfers are attended transfers, for the purposes of caller id 'pass-thru'.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Doug.