[asterisk-users] Clocking Multiple T1 Cards

Shaw Terwilliger sterwill at sourcegear.com
Tue Jul 25 10:08:02 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> What I was trying to state was that if you have two data streams that are
> solidly clocked but out of phase, you will not encounter any of these issues.
> If the clock period of either (or both) drifts then yes, you will run into
> trouble.

So it sounds like Asterisk can't synchronize the clocks between the
Digium and Sangoma boards (or any two PCI boards), and this just may be
a limitation of the T1-peripheral-on-PCI architecture.  But it really
shouldn't matter because of the nature of my setup: errors caused by
timing mismatch between the PRI and channel banks won't cause noticeable
quality issues.  Do I have it right?

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill at sourcegear.com>
SourceGear LLC