[asterisk-users] vegastream 50 FXO DTMF Problem

Peter Doyle petedoyle at cotni.org
Tue Jul 25 09:50:02 MST 2006

Hi Issac,
If I recall correctly, out of band DTMF didn't seem to work for us on
our Vega 50 (atleast not when using the Vega with Asterisk).  We had to
tell Asterisk to use dtmfmode=inband in our sip.conf.  It didn't seem
like we had to change any settings on the Vega, because it was sending
both inband and RFC2833 when RFC2833 was selected (for incoming DTMF).
This is all from memory, so hopefully its correct.

I'm headed to work in a few minutes here, where maybe I can see our
actual config and send it along.
Good Luck!
Pete

P.S.  How has your experience been with the echo cancelers?  Are you
experiencing much echo at all?  That's the one thing we're still
struggling with. Thanks