[asterisk-users] SIP and podcasts

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:06:33 MST 2006

Should be doable, but it would take a bit of scripting. You would have to
get a program that subscribes to the feeds in Linux (bashpodder does this)
and downloads the files to a given directory. You would then have to run
something to convert those mp3s into something Asterisk can use, then move
the converted files to the appropriate MoH directories. Create a dial code
(say *703 -> *POD) and have it play MoH for the files in that folder.

If you wanted to be really clever about it, you could create an IVR that
lets you pick from the most recent show, one show back, two shows back, etc,
etc... And have the script that copies the files over remove the oldest
file, rename the older files so that they become "show2" and "show3", and
then rename the newest show to "show1".

As I said, a bit of work... But doable if you're willing to put some work
into it.

Alex

On 7/25/06, kael <kael at altern.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to use Asterisk to retrieve podcasts and make them
> accessible via a softphone like Ekiga ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> kael