[asterisk-users] G729 License to Bridge calls through VOIP provider?

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 07:36:13 MST 2006

Hi all,

I've been wondering if do i need G729 license to accomplish bridging
two calls to PSTN through a VoIP service Provider that allows me G729.
Do I need to get G729 license?

I might need chan_g729.so but only to negotiate with my VoIP provider,
the truth is that i will be only passthrough.

Would it be legal to install Freeg729  just to Say to Asterisk I'm
able for G729 and then bridge calls to my VoIP provider using G729?

In fact i'm not using the codec to translate any audio.

By the way could any one tell me wich is the Bandwith with IP over
head for this codec. about 8kb/s?

--
Best regards,

Marco Mouta