[asterisk-users] Re: Operator Console(s)/Shared Call Appearances

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Jul 25 04:25:45 MST 2006

J> Hi Folks, We're migrating from a conventional KSU/PBX to Asterisk
J> and I'm trying to determine the best way to allow our receptionist
J> to answer certain executives telephone lines.

J> It seems there are probably two routes, but I'm not sure of the
J> limitations of each.

You could make both the executive and the receptionist phones ring,
perhaps with a very low ring tone for the executives. Then the
receptionist will take the call whenever possible. If the call needs
to go through to the executive, the receptionist can do a direct call
just by pressing a button, and a different (perhaps louder) ring tone
can play.

/Benny