[asterisk-users] X100P clone not working

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 24 08:50:09 MST 2006

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 02:21:01PM +0200, Frank Darner wrote:

> > > What is the output from 'cat /proc/zaptel/*'
> >
> > After delete of all Asterisk files and complete new install I got
> > something:
> >
> > # modprobe zaptel && modprobe wcfxo
> >
> > linux:/proc/zaptel # cat /proc/zaptel/*
> > Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Generic Clone Board 1" RED
> >
> >            1 WCFXO/0/0
> >
> > but # ztcfg -vvvv
> > is still no channels.
> >
> > any ideas?

No channel defined in /etc/zaptel.conf, naturally.

/me points to xpp/utils/genzaptelconf in the source tree.

> OK, I have now an output.
>
> For some reason ztcfg was not looking in /etc/asterisk for the zaptel.conf.
> After using the option -c /etc/asterisk/zaptel.conf everythink was fine.

No. It looks for zaptel.conf in /etc/zaptel.conf . This is what the man
page reads. This is what strace will tell you. This is even documented
in voip-info.org. Zaptel is not part of Asterisk. It's a kernel module.
Asterisk's zaptel channel configuration is /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf and
has a totally different syntax (e.g: ";" for comments).

> One last thing:
>
> Playback sounds now like MickeyMouse, much to slow

One sanity check: try zttest . See that it gives values ov 100% or very
close to that.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org