[asterisk-users] Odd SIP timeout

Mon Jul 24 08:29:54 MST 2006

I have two SIP providers that work fine during the day but it seems that during extended periods of non-use one provider gets
"stale" and the refresh shows an odd number. A simple reload of SIP clears the problem but don't want to rely on cron as a solution.
I qualify them both and I'm not behind NAT. Any ideas?

asterisk1*CLI> sip show registry
Host                            Username       Refresh State
plainvoip:5060                  xxxxxxx70         105 Registered
sip.provider.com:5060         724xxxxxxx    -2147483 Registered

asterisk1*CLI> sip reload
 Reloading SIP
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip.conf': Found

asterisk1*CLI> sip show registry
Host                            Username       Refresh State
plainvoip:5060                  xxxxxxx70         105 Registered
sip.provider.com:5060         724xxxxxxx          23 Registered

asterisk1*CLI> show version
Asterisk 1.2.10 built by root @ asterisk1.local on a i686 running Linux on 2006-07-18 20:08:40 UTC