[asterisk-users] Sipura ATA's Forwarding PSTN Calls to Asterisk

john at cusick.ws john at cusick.ws
Mon Jul 24 06:55:17 MST 2006

With pen in hand, Douglas Garstang succussfully stormed bulwarks which
others armed with sword and excommunication have been repulsed, and said ...

> Well in that case, what's the point in having the ATA register with
> Asterisk? You just direct all PSTN->VOIP calls to Asterisk with their PSTN
> CID and destination, and VOIP->PSTN calls you just route with
> Dial(${EXTEN}@ata).
>
> I tried removing the registration info, thinking maybe that would make the
> ATA not register, and send all PSTN->VOIP calls to Asterisk, but then the
> ATA didn't even answer the incoming PSTN call.
>
> Doug.

Doug,

Have you seen this site/info? I used this to set up my aah box and the
spa-3000 passed the info with no problem. If you read through the various
articles here you may find a way to setup that will work for you.

I do have a problem with my system/spa-3000 losing communications at times,
but I haven't figured out if it's due to the setup here or a
mis-configuration (that I have yet to discover) of my aah box.

Essentially, though, you are setting up three 3 extensions, 2 that will
register and 1 that doesn't. This may be a lousy quick explanation, but I'm
still somewhat of a newb with all this.

Regards,

John C.