[asterisk-users] overlapdial and DID not always working

Massimo Nuvoli massimo at archivio.it
Mon Jul 24 02:39:11 MST 2006

Sebastian Reitenbach ha scritto:
> so about 80% of the incoming calls work well, but especially with one sender
> we have a problem, there is always the last digit missing. This is a 1-800
> service in the US, forwarding the call to our asterisk. As a workaround I
> configured it to call to XXXXX580 and have an inbound route set for XXXXX58 to
> the number I want to reach.
> any idea what I can do? especially why it says it ignores the overlapdial
> parameter, and why it is accepting them nevertheless?
> are there any timing parameters to tell asterisk to wait a second longer for
> the last digit? some rx.. tx.. parameters in the zapata.conf?

I found the same indentical problem, the trouble was the switchtipe, i
am using "national" and i switched to "unknown".

Why? in italy with "Telecom" the pri channel sometime is doing
overlap, sometime no... hehe :-) so you can miss the non "radical"
part of the number! and i think this depends on the kind of the
"caller"...

The parameter overlapdial is accepted, you are wrong (see my previous
email).

Bye.