[asterisk-users] Asterisk Dial Plan to Play Message

broadbandvoice at comcast.net broadbandvoice at comcast.net
Sun Jul 23 06:37:55 MST 2006

Thanks for the response, its looks logical, for some reason the authentication is not working for me, I'm using a Linksys Phone adapter and here is a sample dial plan in extensions.conf and also SIP channels.

exten => 8407,1,Dial(SIP/8407,80,rt)      ; permit transfer
exten => 8407,n,Authenticate(9461)
exten => 8407,n,Playback(pbx-invalid)
exten => 8407,n,Hangup()

and in sip.conf

[9507]
type=friend
user=8407
secret=xxxxxxxxxx
;context=from-sip
callerid=8407
host=dynamic
nat=yes
qualify=yes
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833
;incominglimit=1
;mailbox=8407 at default
;disallow=all
;allow=ulaw
;allow=alaw
;allow=g729
;allow=g723.1

I also tried changing type to peer instead of freind and does not work either. I am running Asterisk 1.2.3.

Any help will be appreciated and thanks for all your inputs.

From: Steve Totaro <stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com>