[asterisk-users] Asterisk Dial Plan to Play Message

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Sun Jul 23 06:01:15 MST 2006

If you are using phones attached to a ZAP FXS port the immediate=yes
will work. Otherwise, some SIP phones (Grandstream for instance) allows
you to enter an autodial number. It depends on what is providing the
dialtone to the handset. If your device does not support autodial, then
the next best thing is to do what has already been suggested.

OR

[somecontext]
exten=s,1,answer
exten=s,2,Authenticate(insertdigitshere)
exten=s,3,(continue with a real dialplan)

Change the corresponding authenticate gsm file to say what you want
about contacting the boss.

This gives the impression that phone is restricted for outbound calling
but if you enter the authenticate string, you can dialout for
emergencies or convenience.

Thanks,
Steve