[asterisk-users] Request for some help....

K.N.Arun Kumar K.N.Arun.Kumar at cognizant.com
Sun Jul 23 01:05:27 MST 2006

Hi,

   I am working out to establish calls between two asterisks PBX'es using H323 channels. I am using SJ phones as the H323 clients.
   The scenario looks like,

   SJ phone(444) --- Asterisk PBX 1 --- H323 channel --- Asterisk PBX2 --- SJ phone(555).

I was able to make the calls and channel was successfully established. At both the SJ Phones it displays call is operational.
But the voice is not getting transmitted, I  was not able to hear anything at both the ends. Two asterisks are on machines 10.238.115.223 & 10.238.115.224, two clients are on the machines 10.238.115.226 and 10.238.115.230. I am including the H323.conf and extensions.conf of both the asterisks.
Can someone kindly help me out to carry my work further.

H323.conf (Asterisk 10.238.115.223)

[general]
port = 1720
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

gatekeeper = DISABLE

AllowGKRouted = yes
context=default

;alias definition

[det-gw/10.238.115.223]
type=h323
prefix=5,4
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
context=default

[444]
type=friend
host=10.238.115.226
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

extensions.conf (Asterisk 10.238.115.223)

[default]
exten => 444,1,Dial,H323/${EXTEN}
exten => 555,1,Dial,H323/${EXTEN}@10.238.115.224

H323.conf (Asterisk 10.238.5.224)

[general]
port = 1720
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

gatekeeper = DISABLE

AllowGKRouted = yes
context=default

;alias definition

[det-gw/10.238.115.224]
type=h323
prefix=5,4
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
context=default

[555]
type=friend
host=10.238.115.230
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

extensions.conf (Asterisk 10.238.5.224)

exten => 555,1,Dial,H323/${EXTEN}
exten => 444,1,Dial,H323/${EXTEN}@10.238.115.223

Thanks in advance..

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com