[asterisk-users] Re: Load balenced (ADSL) network connections, is it possible?

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Sun Jul 23 00:24:52 MST 2006

> > I need to put an Asterisk server in a remote office where only ADSL is
> > available.  Maximum of 8meg downstream 646k upstream.

Is this an adsl2 line ?
If yes ask your provider if it supports channel bonding. You could use 2
adsl lines as one. All "load balancing" etc is done at the dslam side.
Also if annex M is supported you can get up to 3,5 mbits of upload
(theoreticaly, usually is close to 2mbits, heavily depends on distance and
line conditions)
If you need to load balance at your side (ie the office) it can be done but
would require setting up 2 * servers connected to each other and using some
form of round robing the dns so that requests reach both servers.
If the dsl line is also used for other purposes than voip, make sure that
you use qos or you will be facing problems with the quality of the calls.

Stelios