[asterisk-users] Ztdummy

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jul 22 12:24:28 MST 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 03:27:03AM -0400, Dovid Bender wrote:
> Using Zaptel-1.2.7
> Asterisk 1.2.10
> OS: CentOS 3.4
>
> I am having a problem trying to get ztdummy and it wont work. Here is what I did the following and got:
> [root at localhost ~]# modprobe zaptel
> [root at localhost ~]# modprobe ztdummy
> Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
> line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

The error is because of an unnecessary post-load action of the module
ztdummy.

just rem-out the 'ztdummy' line in the modprobe.conf that zaptel
installs. (or better: don't let it install anything there)

There is no need to configure ztdummy's span.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com