[asterisk-users] Germany VOIP provider

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Sat Jul 22 04:35:26 MST 2006

Thameem Ansari schrieb:
> understand why do they give this 01801 if it is similar to local number?
> I am also exploring the options to get some landlines for flat rate.

Hi,

local numbers make the other party think to call someone
in the respective area.
Thus reaching someone at a local number, who has nothing to
do with the respective local area, is spoofing.

That's why 0180x numbers are an alternative. 0180x
number do not implique any local relationship.

But when you intend to move to Germany, you probably
will have a local address. So what's the problem getting
a local phone number?

Some of the providers at

http://voipliste.de/privat.html

have also english web pages.