[asterisk-users] How to connect XLite with public IP?

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 22:05:59 MST 2006

   Hi Friends,

I have installed Asterisk in my house with public ip. Now, I want to connect to my Asterisk server from my office system with XLite softphone. I was given my Asterisk server public IP in my XLite Domain field. But, it is not connecting. It is giving an error i.e., " Registration error: 408 - Request timedout". I tried using firewall and without using firewall. Please tell me how to configure my XLite softphone to connect with my Asterisk server?

Looking forward to your kind response. Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.