[asterisk-users] Associate manager events to a previous Originate action

Johannes Zweng johannes.zweng at voicebusiness.net
Fri Jul 21 14:26:32 MST 2006

Hi people!

I am writing an application that makes heavy use of the manager API to
create outbound calls, but I am still learning a lot... :-)

At the moment I am thinking about one problem. Let me describe it:

- I send an Originate action with extension- and context-parameter to the
manager API of *
- in the specified extension I have a Dial() command which links the first
channel (generated by my Originate command) to a second call
- some time later, after sending the Originate I receive a bunch of events,
some of them for the first created channel (by the originate), some of them
for the channel which was created by the Dial() and some events for
completely uninvolved channels..

Although I can associate every incoming event to a specific channel on
Asterisk (because of the Uniqueid field) I see no possibility to identify
without doubts which channels were created as a result of my Originate
action.

But I need to monitor the events for these channels because my program needs
to be aware about the calls' states.

Did someone of you already run into the same problem or has some hint for
me?

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanx!  :-)

Best regards,
John