[asterisk-users] Codec Negotiation

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Jul 21 10:32:52 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Can't put it in a realtime database. We have multiple Asterisk boxes in a cluster, and it's a well known fact that multiple Asterisk boxes using realime cannot query a common MySQL database. Sounds crazy, but true.

You spread some amazing "well-known facts" on this list.  As usual
salted with your typical choice of words that implies that Asterisk has
"crazy" flaws that no sane programmer would countenance.

I have a dozen or more Asterisk boxes that all query the exact same
Realtime database.  The setup works fine, and the "time to deploy" a new
station with very elaborate functionality is reduced to minutes.  The
ability to rearrange behaviors on the fly is also a great feature.  I
love ARA.

I use Postgres and not MySQL, but I can't believe that the choice is SQL
engine would make a difference.

I think you confuse the requirements of your deployment scenario, which
a few minutes ago on this list you yourself characterized as
"ridiculous," with underlying common features of Asterisk used in
quotidian circumstances.

B.

believed to be clean.