[asterisk-users] Sipura ATA's Forwarding PSTN Calls to Asterisk

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Jul 21 08:23:17 MST 2006

I'm working with a Sipura 3000 ATA here. I'm trying to get incoming PSTN calls on the FXO port to go automatically to Asterisk. I have it working, but I had to configure the ATA to register with Asterisk, which means that all calls are being sent to Asterisk with a caller id of the username used to register with Asterisk.

I want the real caller ID to be sent to Asterisk, which means I don't want the ATA to register. The badly written Sipura docs aren't clear about how to do this. Anyone set this up?

Doug.