[asterisk-users] Two phone numbers, one SIP provider

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Fri Jul 21 04:24:50 MST 2006

From: Filip Dr?gowski <f.dragowski at ontp.net>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Two phone numbers, one SIP provider
> 	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> I think that context=incoming-[number] in firends definion is used
> rather for determinig context for outgoing calls.
> In sip.conf [general] section there is context=  and
> register=>..../[extension]
> i think that extension in register line should be in context specified
> in [general] context=[context]
>

>>> register => 1111:pass at sippro.com/1111
>>> register => 2222:pass at sippro.com/2222

I am only using inbound IAX but I do have multiple DID's from the same
provider and I hope the action of parsing the files is the same. I don't
think you want the extensions listed after the host. The following is
what I have for my IAX trunks

; Registrations for remote IAX servers (dynamic config)
register => 416xxxxxxx:zzzzz at myprovider.ca   ; Home line
register => 416yyyyyyy:zzzzz at myprovider.ca   ; Business line

Both calls happily go to contexts [416xxxxxxx] and [416yyyyyyyy]
respectively.

dbc.