[asterisk-users] Has anybody in here created their own softphones?

Kevin Class utmostguru at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 03:21:46 MST 2006

On 7/21/06, Tim Panton <tim at mexuar.com> wrote:

> On 20 Jul 2006, at 15:12, Moises Silva wrote:
>
> > Asterisk does not have softphone interfaces. You can write a softphone
> > to support some VoIP protocol supported by Asterisk, and voila, you
> > can connect to Asterisk. Supported and common protocols are IAX2, SIP
> > and H323. For IAX you have a library called iaxclient, so you are not
> > required to make your own implementation of the protocol. If you want
> > to do it with Java, there are several SIP libraries, and at least one
> > IAX2 library (based in iaxclient using JNI)
> >
> > http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/

I have troubles compiling the source code I found there. The code I am
starting with is the WinIAX.dsp\WinIAX.cpp, it compiles, links, and returns
22 errors. Should I download all the files in the lib folder too? I focused
more on svn.sourceforge.net's sources.

I have to admit, download the files from the lib directory, one by one, just
for curiosity, seems impractical, so I was wondering if anybody has the
answers.

Time Panton wrote:
I've done 4) with IAX in Java, and I can tell you that it was
quite a lot of work, but the result falls into category 1)
i.e. you can license it from us as an SDK and then
customize it in JavaScript and HTML and run it
in a web browser.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com

I use C++, not java, nokia's source code is in java (.gz). Thanks anyway

Regards
-Kevin