[asterisk-users] Codec Negotiation

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 03:14:12 MST 2006

Just an idea:

Put this Slow-Phone sip account into sip realtime database, and
outside of asterisk manage  to verify G729 licenses availability and
script it to your SIP-realtime.

This way every call to this SIP account will go to SIP realtime
database that is being changed by an external script that just
monitors your G729 licences, and keeps on track which codec is going
to be used: Ulaw or G729.

Don't know if this is a good idea, just a suggestion.

Best regards,
Marco Mouta

On 7/21/06, Woodoo People .pGa! <wpeople at shadow.microsystem.hu> wrote:
> > >No, we aren't intending to check for available g729 codecs....
> > >that's why we wanted to have ulaw as a backup when no g729 codecs
> > >where available.
> > >
> > That won't work.  If it's trying to use G729, it will still try even
> > when the licenses are all in use. So you need to either force it g729
> > and make sure there are always licenses for it available, or use ulaw
> > and make sure there is enough bandwidth.
> >
> > The other option is to write your own code that checks to verify the
> > licenses are free somehow, and then tampers with the codec
> > preferences?  I think Brett (trixter) has some ideas/work in this
> > direction already.
>
> i heard somewhere, when g729 licences are gone, it will work as g711,
> is this info FAKE?
>

> --
> WoodOO-[P]an[G]alaktikan[A]gent-People <][> http://shadow.pganet.com
> wpeople at shadow.pganet.com]iCQ#33118021[wpeople.on.iRCNet]wpeople at RedHat.users