[asterisk-users] Re: Overriding # at the end

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Thu Jul 20 23:52:13 MST 2006

Delca wrote:
> Fixed, i'm the kind of guy who ask and later find the solution :$ it
> is a Linksys PAP-2 ATA setting in Regional -> Control Timer Values ->
> Interdigit Long Timer (this is in advanced mode).
>
> Sorry :)
> Santiago
>
> On 7/20/06, Delca <delcas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I'm using a Linksys PAP-2 to test my next PBX with asterisk.
>> The problem  I'm haivng is that when I dial the extension, I've to end
>> it with # and then it starts calling is there any way to override that
>> # so with just dialing the 3-digit extension I'll be able to call?
>> This actually works great with a voipjet configuration I already have
>> .. when I dial an US number (i.e.: 12245684486 ) it starts dialing
>> that number.
>> But if I do the same with an extension, I just have to wait until i
>> press #. I just want to dial 123 :(
>>

>> Cheers!
>> Santiago
That's probably not the best solution.  You may want to look at
dial-plans here.  For example, I have this one:

(*xxS0|011x.|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|2xxS0|6xxxS0|7xxxxxxxxxxS0|8.|911S0)

*xx are services and are immediately called
011x. allows for international numbers
1xxxxxxxxxxS0 makes sure 1+10 digit US numbers are called instantly
2xxSO makes sure extensions (three digits, all beginning with "2") are
dialed instantly
etc...
don't forget 911S0 -- this dials 911 immediately as well.

Check the sipura website for config info on dial plans.