[asterisk-users] Typical Asterisk Company

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Jul 20 22:59:16 MST 2006

I think I'm looking for a carrier who's implementing Asterisk Matt. We're a carrier, and that probably explains a lot of the frustration, and hair tearing out we've had with Asterisks resundancy. Ie, it wasn't built with carriers in mind. It was build with IT implementations in mind.

Consulting, while sounding great in principle, wouldn't work right now. Already got a day job (and there's that little issue of a non-compete clause in my contract...). Unfortunately my record is unproven yet. We are yet to deploy our product in production, but are moving towards it.  Maybe later, especially after the confidence increases. Good grief, wouldn't even know how to dig up contacts.

Thanks for the advice.