[Asterisk-Users] GSM gateway flooded cell - how to detect?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Jul 20 07:52:12 MST 2006

> We are using an Ateus VoiceBlue to GSM gateway calls on our * 1.0.9
server.
> It works perfectly fine, except at peak periods, say, 10 AM and 3 PM. At
> that point, calls get dropped (not gateway'd) and Asterisk jumps to the
next
> priority in the dialplan. Our interpretation of this is that the local GSM
> cell is flooded with other calls and can't service our request, so nothing
> to to with Asterisk or the gateway. No matter how hard we try, during
> off-hours, we can't replicate this behavior. My question is how to detect
> this behavior and relay the call out to our PRI instead. I've had a couple
> of ideas so far, but nothing has panned out:

Thanks for the replies, good suggestions. What I've decided to to instead is
to modify my AGI that I use to detect the number of avaliable channels on
the gateway to artifically report a full gateway back to Asterisk from 9:30
AM to 10:30 AM and from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM. It's not elegant, but it will
solve the problem from my user's perspective.