[asterisk-users] Has anybody in here created their own softphones?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 07:12:27 MST 2006

Asterisk does not have softphone interfaces. You can write a softphone
to support some VoIP protocol supported by Asterisk, and voila, you
can connect to Asterisk. Supported and common protocols are IAX2, SIP
and H323. For IAX you have a library called iaxclient, so you are not
required to make your own implementation of the protocol. If you want
to do it with Java, there are several SIP libraries, and at least one
IAX2 library (based in iaxclient using JNI)

http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/

Regards

"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"