[asterisk-users] Writing own applications for asterisk - read CALLERIDNUM

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Thu Jul 20 04:05:27 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right list for this question...

I have written a small application which looks up a number in a
database and return the name for the number if available.

But I have now the problem that I cannot read the variable CALLERIDNUM
from my script.

I tried it with:
value = pbx_builtin_getvar_helper(chan, key);

where chan is the value given from the initial function call (struct
ast_channel *chan) and key is set to "CALLERIDNUM".

But the function always returns NULL.

The function is called with:
exten => 205,1,NoOP(--CALLERID=${CALLERID}, CALLERIDNUM=${CALLERIDNUM}, EXTEN=${EXTEN}--)
exten => 205,2,myAppGet(resolveToName)
exten => 205,3,Dial(SIP/201)
exten => 205,4,Hangup

The NoOp displays the right values.