[Asterisk-Users] GSM gateway flooded cell - how to detect?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Thu Jul 20 01:16:24 MST 2006

On 18 Jul 2006, at 15:28, Colin Anderson wrote:

> We are using an Ateus VoiceBlue to GSM gateway calls on our * 1.0.9
> server.
> It works perfectly fine, except at peak periods, say, 10 AM and 3
> PM. At
> that point, calls get dropped (not gateway'd) and Asterisk jumps to
> the next
> priority in the dialplan. Our interpretation of this is that the
> local GSM
> cell is flooded with other calls and can't service our request, so
> nothing
> to to with Asterisk or the gateway. No matter how hard we try, during
> off-hours, we can't replicate this behavior. My question is how to
> detect
> this behavior and relay the call out to our PRI instead. I've had a
> couple
> of ideas so far, but nothing has panned out:

I'd capture some SIP traces and see if there are useful differences in
the calls that don't go through, then work forward from them to getting
that info into your dial plan.

Alternatively, you could ask Ateus for some support, the gateway
must _know_ the hangup cause was congestion, it should just be
a matter of it telling you !

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com