[asterisk-users] Astribank?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 10:11:38 MST 2006

On 7/19/06, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I figure I'm technically someone who has first-hand experience with the
> Astribanks :-)
>
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 10:22:07PM -0400, C F wrote:
> > Well tzafrir will know :)
> > Tzafrir here are a few questions:
> > 1. Does the FXO module support: A. Hangup detection?
>
> What type of hangup-detection do you refer to, exactly?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in the US Polarity
Reverse is whats used.

> > B. Flash? (I'm assuming that yes, since Asterisk sees it as an FXO)
>
> Yes (Asterisk does the work)
>
> > C. MWI from telco.
>
> What type of MWI? Changing of a dialtone is passed as-is to chan_zap.

There is also an ADSI type of MWI used in the US. It comes in as a
short ring to turn on the MWI lamp on Analog devices, and comes in as
a short ring to turn it off as well. It's the same that Sipura ATA FXS
ports use for MWI, and I believe Digium FXS uses as well.

> > D. Dring from telco (again assuming yes, since Asterisk would
> > see that).
>
> Passed as-i to chan_zap , again.
>
> > 2. Can the astribank 16 be condigured with just 8 FXO? or with 16 FXO?
>
> The available configurations are:
>
> 2 FXS (16 FXS ports)
> 1 FXS + 1 FXO (8 FXS ports, 8 FXO ports)
>
> > 3. What are the configurations available for the asteribank 32?
>
> 4 FXS (32 FXS ports)
> 3 FXS + 1 FXO (24 FXS ports, 8 FXO ports)
> 2 FXS + 2 FXO (16 FXS ports, 16 FXO ports)
> 3 FXS + 1 FXO (24 FXS ports, 8 FXO ports)

So you saying there always has to be an FXS card in there? For both
the 16 and 32?
Also, is it possible to have the 32 with just 16 ports and add the
rest when needed?