[Asterisk-Users] Question setting up a "bat phone" extension.

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Jul 19 03:26:25 MST 2006

Kai Ober wrote:
> Eric "ManxPower" Wieling schrieb:
>>
>> Grandstream seems unable to produce stable firmware.  They have tried
>> for *YEARS* and still people have to try many different versions of
>> the firmware to find one that actually works in their environment.
>>
> okay, i see, thx :)
> i will try to remember, if  i'm ever going to buy an VoIP-Phone.
> any suggestions for this situation? (i.e. which devices do you prefer)

Polycom, Cisco, SIPura/Linksys.

I don't like Cisco's firmware licensing, but they are still good phones.

Polycoms is the brand of phones we use, SIPura is the brand of ATAs we
use.

Many people like the Linksys/SIPura phones.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.