[asterisk-users] Issue with g729 codec

Daniel Oakes daniel at digitalgenus.com
Wed Jul 19 02:34:51 MST 2006

Hi All,

I have a problem with conferencing, but it's more to do with the g729
codec.  I have purchased six licenses for g729 for all our phones, and
occasionally want to do conferencing, but at the moment it only allows
two people in before the licenses run out.

When two people are in the conference and I do a 'show g729' I get the
following:

*CLI> show g729
2/6 encoders/decoders of 6 licensed channels are currently in use

And when another person joins the conference they can listen but are
unable to speak because all 6 decoders licenses are used up.  Any ideas
at all from anyone how to fix??  It occurs with all the version I've
tried from 1.0.7 to 1.2.1 1.2.7 and 1.2.10.

Regards,
Daniel